Terms & Conditions
Definitions and Interpretation.
In these terms and, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings:
- “Function Date” means the date of the function for which the item(s) of clothing
is/are being hired. If travel is involved prior to date of function, the date of
travel becomes the function date.
- “Fitting Date” means the date on which the Hirer must attend the Host Store for
the purposes of trying on all garment(s) (except shirt) to ensure they fit.
- “Hirer” means the person who makes the booking, either on their own behalf or on
the behalf of their party, to hire one or more articles of clothing.
- “Hire Period” means the period of hire which will commence at 9am on the Function
Date and will cease at 9am on the Return Date unless agreed otherwise.
- “Order Date” means the date the Hirer places the order.
- “Return Date” means the date on which all garments must be returned to the shop
from which they have been hired.
- “Host Store” means the shop where garments are ordered, measured, fitted, collected
and returned to.
- “Retailer “is the company that your booking is with.
If you feel unable to accept any of these terms and conditions you may cancel
this order within 48 hours of the Order Date and receive a full refund, including
your deposit, unless Fitting or Function Date is within seven days of Order Date.
Deposits are non-refundable if the order is cancelled more than 48 hours after the
Your retailer will provide:
Garments as detailed on your order as long as they are within the size range available.
Please note that it is not possible to carry out alterations to garments as you
would expect if you are purchasing it.
All garments are quality checked and processed after each hire and every effort
is made to ensure the quality is to a high standard and that garments are free from
any defects. However, due to drycleaning there may be a slight shading difference
in garments, especially where garments are ordered for a large wedding party.
We reserves the right to substitute to the nearest half size as follows:
- Jacket Sleeve + / - 1 inch
- Trouser length + / - 1 inch
- Top hat size + / - 1/8
- Shoes + ½ size
- Shirts + ½ inch
Customer – important points to note:
The Hirer must attend the Host Store and complete an order form.
A minimum deposit of 50% of the total hire charge must be paid on booking.
- Changes to Original Order
We reserve the right to charge for any changes you make to your order.
- The Hirer is urged to confirm that his order is in the branch prior to travelling
in the unlikely event that there have been unforeseen delays in the delivery of
- The Hirer must come for a fitting on the date stated and try on all garments (except
shirt) to make sure they fit.
- If the fit is not satisfactory please report this to us immediately or not later
than 11am on the day following the Fitting Date. We cannot accept any responsibility
if you fail to do this.
- If garments do not fit satisfactorily or have any other fault further visits to
the shop will be necessary. All replacements must be inspected and tried on by the
Hirer (or other members of the Hirer’s party) at the shop. Goods will be delivered
only to the shop of original order for checking and trying on by Hirer or party
- Failure of the Hirer or party member to request the replacement of any item within
the time stated above (see clause 4c) will result in additional carriage charges,
payment of which will be the responsibility of the Hirer.
- It is the responsibility of the Hirer or party member to meet their own expenses
(e.g. travel costs, time off work, etc.) incurred during this fitting and collection
- As children’s size change quite significantly whilst they are growing the Hirer
should arrange to re-measure 4 weeks prior to the function to confirm the sizes
required. This allows plenty of time to amend the order if necessary. It is not
uncommon for children’s garments to need several fittings.
- If the Hirer has submitted their own sizes to Sort My Wedding Outfit, neither the
retailer nor Sort My Wedding Outfit will not be responsible for ill-fitting garments.
- Cancellation of Order
- In the event of an order being cancelled within 48 hours of the Order
- Date the deposit will be refunded in full unless conditions (5c) or (5d) below apply.
- In the event of an order being cancelled more than 48 hours after the order date
the deposit is non-refundable.
- In the event of the order being cancelled within one month before Fitting Date you
will be required to pay 50% of the full cost per suit ordered.
- If an order is cancelled due to exceptional circumstances, the decision to refund
any deposits paid will be entirely at the discretion of the store.
- Group Bookings
- Payment: Each order must be paid for at the host store where the order was placed.
- Fitting/Collection: These must be done at the store at which the wearer placed the
order or another store that meets the agreement of the Retailer.
- Return of Garments: The customer must return the garments to the host store at which
the order was placed.
- If one member of the group is collecting other party member orders, then they will
be held responsible for any damage or loss to any of the garments contained within
the orders he has collected.
- The Retailer will not be liable for any issues relating to the timely supply
of outfits if the above requirements are not met.
- Collection of Garments
- If the Hirer has enabled email messaging by Sort My Wedding Outfit, an email notification
will be sent to the Hirer to advise the outfit is ready for collection.
- The Hirer should telephone the Host Store prior to travelling to the store in order
to check that his order has arrived in case of any unlikely delay due to unforeseen
- When you have had your fittings and any necessary replacements have also been tried
on and found to be satisfactory the outfit is then deemed to be complete.
- We stress that the Hire Period is deemed to start from 9am on the Function Date,
which is the time we agree to have the suit available, providing the above conditions
have been complied with. Please remember that, if travelling, Function Date is deemed
to be date of travel.
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to inform the shop, when booking, if the outfits
are required before the Function Date. The Hirer is responsible for checking that
the fact is stated on the order form.
- When an outfit is required in advance of the Function Date an extra hire charge
of 50% per week or part week is payable.
- Extended Hire – (before or after the function date)
Hire orders may be extended for additional weeks at a rate of 50% of the normal
weekly hire charge for additional week or part week. This includes provision for
the delivery of orders earlier than the branch normal delivery date.
- Late Orders
Late orders are deemed to be orders received within 7 days of the Function Date.
These orders may be accepted but will be sent out by an independent carrier and
you will incur an additional cost. The Retailer will not accept responsibility for
any failure to deliver on time by such third party.
- Return of Garments
All garments must be returned on the first day the store is open after the function.
Failure to do so will result in an excess charge of £8 per suit per day after the
stated return date. There is no exception to this condition.
- Care of Garments
- Please treat the garments with reasonable care.
- Please take particular care with top hats. Under no circumstances should they be
thrown into the air.
- Lost/Stolen/Maliciously Damaged Items
The hirer will be responsible for the cost of any hire item that is lost, stolen
or maliciously damaged. A full range of charges is available on request.
- ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE WAIVER
- Payment of Accidental Damage Waiver by the hirer covers any charges that would normally
arise following accidental damage to any or all of the garments provided that they
were being used appropriately (with the exception of Top Hats, which are NOT covered
by this waiver).
- Accidental Damage Waiver is optional.
- The waiver does not cover garments which have in our opinion been damaged through
- Please remember that any personal or wedding insurance you may already hold does
not cover the garments owned by us.
Student discount is only available for students with a vaild Student ID/Matriculation
card and for proms only in the month of July if ordered 7 days prior to the event.
Third Party Analytics